Monday, September 13, 2010

INTRODUCTORY POST


Hi, all--I'm Jo. This is my third active blog: I have a blog titled 'The End Of The Rainbow: Life After Bankruptcy' where I talk about our life after financial hardship in which I am open and honest about my continued struggles and the effect it has had on me and my clan.

I also have 'Rabbit Food: A Vegan Blog' in which I post tidbits, recipes and information about my life as a vegan in a meat and cheese loving world.

You can get to those blogs from my profile page (I also have blog buttons for each -- courtesy of my good friend 'Meeko' from 'Ramblings Of A Disgruntled Secretary' -- on my 'The End Of The Rainbow' blog sidebar).

Here, in 'Stranger Than Diction' -- inspired by my love of writing and my talented and good blog friend Steven Anthony's 'Lilly Swan' series -- I will write and post fiction.

*You can get to Meeko's blog as well as Steven Anthony's ('Life In The Fishbowl') from their blog buttons on my sidebar in my 'The End Of The Rainbow' blogs.

Great content -- even better friends.

After failing miserably and being universally rejected (to plagiarize a line from the film, 'Sideways') in trying to get my bankruptcy/blogging correlation published, I decided it's wasteful to have this energy -- and I suppose somewhat banal 'talent' -- just sitting there month after month in my computer files.

So, about a year or so ago I began writing a fictional story in the hopes that one day it would become a book.

It's still very much unfinished and in its first stages, but one I am nonetheless very proud to have thought of and written.

I very much look forward to its completion as well as your thoughts, dear readers.

Everyone I have showed it to thus far, is quite anxious to know what happens to these characters.

It is based loosely on myself, my parents, my husband, our interests, and most characters are based on my son, 'B' and his friends.

This story is not be taken as a 'memoir': It is simply bits and pieces of us -- and some of our interests -- weaved with my vivid imagination.

The story begins in late 1970's southern California in a beach community.

There are little facets of myself and my family -- and lots of rock and roll.

It's been a while since I've worked on this and have to admit, I've missed it, like one misses friends and family when you've been uprooted from all that is familiar.

I'm quite anxious and happy to be re-visiting my vision, my family.

The following post will begin the story titled; 'More Than A Feeling'.

Thank you for joining me on this new journey.

**Warning: Some content and language may be offensive.**

Peace, love and rock & roll,
~Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment