Sunday, December 12, 2010

WELCOME!!!


Hi to those of you who've stopped by from 'WOW' -- 'WOW' stands for 'Words Of Wisdom', a blogging support group started by two wonderful ladies named Sandy and Pam who have been very kind and supportive of not only my blogs, but all 'WOW members.

My name is Jo and this is my blog where I'm posting an original story written by moi one chapter at a time. Each post contains a new chapter.

I'm a married Mom of two grown children, a vegan, Bohemian at heart and desperate to write, be read, heard and understood -- but mostly to be published-ha!-- as I would love to write for a living.

At the age of 44, I thought it might be about time I found my true vocation, eh? ;)

I have a strong dislike and distaste for those who say 'supposably' instead of supposedly.

Pet peeve.

Big one.

Anyway, I've recently taken a break from blogging -- I have two other blogs I maintain typically: 'Rabbit Food: A Vegan Blog' and 'The End Of The Rainbow: Life After Bankruptcy' -- as we just lost our beloved puppy to Parvo. This threw my axis totally out of sync and I've been having trouble regaining my footing.

However, Sandy and Pam deemed me worthy enough to be today's 'BON' (Blogger Of Note) and, so, out of my funk I must arise and I'm happy to do so.

As you can see, you're just in time as I haven't posted much of this story as of yet, although, I have much more written -- tomorrow or the day after I will be posting Chapter three.

The story takes place in 1978 and is a coming of age story that takes place in 'Aigean Bay', California.

My love of family, friends, rock-n-roll and nostalgia is at the heart of my story.

I've loosely based the characters on my husband, Ed ('Murphy'), our 20 year old son, B ('Seamus') and his friends.

Some of the story line is also based on some of Ed's concert experiences in the 70's and 80's.

::FUN FACT:: We're Irish and I named the town of 'Aigean Bay' after the Irish Gaelic word for ocean (aigean).

My first experience with rock-n-roll came courtesy of my older brother who gave me Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours' album for my 12th birthday in 1978 -- of course I incorporated that into this story.

It was then when my eyes were opened: out went my teeny-bopper posters, albums and crushes -- and in came ear plugs for my Mom.

I hope you'll enjoy getting to know Marianne, Susie and The O'Neil brothers -- they are close to my heart and very much a part of me.

I would start at the introduction and work your way up -- again, this is good timing as we're not that far along.

*If you're easily offended by four letter words or talk of drug use, this may not be the vehicle for you --but I hope you'll give my imagination a chance to win you over.

Much thanks again to Sandy and Pam and thank you all for stopping by -- hope you'll do so again.

Merry Christmas!

Peace, love and rock-n-roll,
~Jo

In loving memory of John Lennon Oct. 9th 1940 - Dec. 8th 1980

"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one"

3 comments:

  1. Hello! Came over from WOW today! I love your bio, blog & Writing! Awesome to meet you!

    Following and off to read more!! Have a Wonderful Day!
    Hugs,
    Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your beauty and inspiration with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I was here, asking for friendship. ;) Would you like to follow each others blogs? Advance Happy New Year. :D

    ReplyDelete